Similar to Create a Local Test Environment with an Agent, you can create a Docker test environment with a compatible Agent in Katalon TestOps.
Set up an Agent
In the latest release of Katalon TestOps (December 20th 2023), it is necessary to reconfigure your existing Agents once promptly. This ensures your Agents are properly linked to the relevant projects, establishing a clear connection between Agents and their respective Projects and preventing any unexpected errors. To learn how, see: Manage the Agent status.
You have a verified Katalon account.
You have installed Git SCM.
Set up a Docker Agent
- Sign in to Katalon TestOps and go to your project. Then navigate to .This shows the Test Environments page. It also lists the agents you have.
- Click on Create Local Test Environment.
This shows the Agent Setup page.
- Alternatively you can click on Agent Setup to go to the same page.
- Select the Docker Environment tab.
- In the Agent Name section, create a name for the Agent (e.g., my_docker_agent).
- In the Katalon API Key section, select default or create your own.
- In the Select method section, select the Docker Container to start with.
- Copy & paste the configuration labeled docker-compose.yml to your docker file.
- Use the next command labeled Bash to start the agent.
- After the agent successfully starts, assign your agent to a project. To learn how, see: Manage the Agent status.
Once the Docker container is live, you can check for the Agent status from the Test Environments page.