A Machine ID generated by Katalon is based on the hardware specifications and the user account logged into that machine at the time.
User A logs into machine A and it has machine ID X. User B logs into machine A and it has machine ID Y. In this case, there are 2 licenses needed: one for each user.
View your machine ID with Katalon Runtime Engine
You can inspect the machine ID assigned to your machine by running a test in Katalon Runtime Engine (KRE).
- Run a test with KRE. Learn how to do so here: Execute tests with KRE.
- KRE automatically fetches your machine ID to validate your license. You can view your machine ID information in the terminal:
View your machine ID with Katalon Studio
You can inspect the machine ID assigned to your machine by accessing the Katalon Studio Activation dialog.
- Open Katalon Studio.
If you are opening Katalon Studio for the first time, the Katalon Studio Activation dialog automatically pops up.
- In the toolbar, click on the Profile button and select Log out. This logs you out of your current account prompts the Katalon Studio Activation dialog to automatically appear.
- You are logged out of your account. The Katalon Studio Activation dialog appears.
- You can now view and copy your machine ID.